Client Sandvik Process System
Location Shanghai, China
The Sandvik Process System provides advanced industrial process solutions using steel belts, steel belt-based equipment and equipment based on adjacent technology. Sandvik has been successful through a focus on meeting rapidly growing product demand while maintaining the highest standards of product quality. However, to remain successful Sandvik Shanghai needs to focus on improving the operational efficiency and the customer service.
TXM optimized the Steel Belt and the IP project process with the Sandvik team, coached the team to solve the root cause of daily problems, and improved the processes to make the project work in the company.
- Developed the current state of the value stream map for the business process with Sandvik team, including all the processes from market to sales and order, as well as from order to design, engineering, production and delivery,
- TXM applied Three Wastes in the business process to help the Sandvik team to see the wastes and the non value-added time in the process,
- Coached the Sandvik team to use the TXM “Seven Steps to the Future State™” method to develop a future state for the business process and the A3 Action Plan according to the company vision for the future,
- Created a IP Project Milestone Visual Management Board, with a detailed checklist for each milestone to make sure that all work is done and deliverable to the next stage,
- Used the magnets with different colors to allow all the project stakeholders, including project supervisor, design, production, sales, aftermarket, finance, warehouse and quality departments, to quickly learn the progress of the project, which the problems there are and how to solve them every day.
- Plant Manager: The responsibilities of every department became more clear though out the improvements of the project, providing an effective communication platform to control the progress of the project,
- Project Manager: Increased the transparency of the problems in the project through simple and direct communications, so the problems can be found and solved more rapidly,
- Sales Manager: The introduction of the visual management board motivated the project members, involved more employees and departments in controlling the project progress, and provided a great promotion to the progress of the project,
- Finance Manager: Increased the opportunities for the project team to communicate and understand better about the state, especially the milestone of the project, making it easier to pay in the different stages.