2 Lean Books by Tim McLean – 10% Discount
On Time, In Full
Published: Due for Release April 2017 - Pre-order Now
Content: 184 Pages | 27 B/W Illustrations
Author: Timothy McLean
- On Time, In Full directly addresses the key purpose of every supply chain – how to deliver to the customer what they want, when they want it in the right quantity.
- On Time, In Full cuts through the theory and takes a pragmatic approach, looking for the best solutions for different supply chain challenges.
- On Time, In Full looks beyond the software and the math and examines the human and organisational factors that cause supply chains to fail. inclulding managing supplier and customer relationships.
- The book is easy to read and talks in clear language about the problems that face supply chain professionals every day - and how to overcome them.
- The book is structured in clear self contained chapters enabling the reader to select the topics of most interest them.
This book is a practical guide for manufacturers on how to meet a fundamental requirement – how to deliver to the customer the right product in the right quantity at the right time. While the concept of on-time delivery seems deceptively simple, achieving it can be incredibly complex. This book unravels this complexity and provides simple, practical solutions that will enable every manufacturer to delight customers with reliable, consistent on-time supply at a competitive cost. It covers the end-to-end process of delivering an order to the customer, from understanding customer demand and forecasting, through production scheduling, supply of materials and delivery of finished goods.
Grow Your Factory, Grow Your Profits: Lean for Small and Medium-Sized Manufacturing Enterprises
Published: 17th December 2014 by Productivity Press
Content: 175 Pages | 30 B/W Illustrations
Author: Timothy McLean
- Overcome the barriers to growth that face all small to medium-sized enterprise (SME) manufacturers
- Adapt "big company" Lean thinking to fit your SME manufacturing reality
- Overcome practical challenges in your business, such as getting the right factory layout, developing your people, improving your cash flow, managing your materials, and slashing your lead-time
- Free yourself from day-to-day crisis management to focus on growing your business
- Learn from other companies just like yours with Lean case studies and pictures from SME manufacturers in a wide range of industries
- Learn how and where to start a Lean transformation when you don’t have the cash or resources of a big company
When I was first given the job of managing a small plastics factory back in 1989, I quickly realized that most of the books and teaching on Lean Manufacturing were designed for big companies and were not relevant to my factory.
The last 25 years has seen Tim lead and assist over 100 small to medium-sized enterprise (SME) manufacturing operations. This experience has now been condensed in to Grow Your Factory, Grow your Profits: Lean for Small and Medium-Sized Manufacturing Enterprises, a start-to-finish guide on how to run a successful small and medium-sized manufacturing operation.
The book presents case studies, practical examples, illustrations, charts, and pictures from real SME manufacturers to provide straightforward solutions to the issues facing every growing manufacturing business. In the book, Tim McLean explains:
- How to recruit the right people and design the right organization
- How to empower those people to take accountability and free yourself up from day to day "fire fighting"
- How to develop a Lean Plant Layout that will maximize productivity and optimize the use of space
- How to manage materials in order to slash inventory and shortages
- How to schedule production in order to cut lead times, cut inventory, and delight customers
- How to get started on a Lean transformation when you lack the resources of a big company
The book details how SMEs differ from large organizations and why the approach to improvement must also be different. Covering the complete life cycle of small and medium-sized manufacturers, the book addresses a different SME manufacturing issue in each chapter. This enables readers to tackle issues at their own pace and in their own order of priority.
Grow Your Factory, Grow Your Profits is essential reading for owners, managers, and operational leaders in the 90 percent of manufacturing enterprises that are small or medium sized.