Hobart – 13-14 September 2011
Sponsored By Enterprise Connect – Free of Charge for SME Food Manufacturers and Suppliers
Lean Enterprise has been proven over the past 25 years to be the most effective way to improve manufacturing performance.
TXM and Enterprise Connect are proud to bring you this two day workshop which will provide an opportunity for hands on in-depth learning of how this powerful approach can be applied to the food industry.
The workshop will be in two parts:
Day 1 – 13 September – Venue – Tasmanian Technopark, Hobart
An interactive all day workshop introducing lean concepts as they apply to the food industry including:
- Improving housekeeping and organisation through 5S.
- Engaging teams in measuring and improving performance.
- Understanding your process using value stream mapping. Improving machine performance using TPM.
The day will involve a high degree of interaction and the use of simulations and applied examples to familiarise participants with key concepts.
Day 2 – 14 September – Venue – Houston’s Farm, Cambridge
Day 2 will provide an opportunity to visit the Houston’s Farm fresh salad processing plant and learn about their lean journey.
The majority of the day however will give you the chance to work alongside the Houstons’ Farm team solving real world problems using structured problem solving techniques. If seeing is believing then doing is understanding!
Participants will learn how to solve day to day operational problems including quality and reliability issues by:
- Finding the root cause and using simple, fast and effective root cause analysis techniques.
- Working as a team to agree solutions.
- Recording the problem and tracking the results using simple magnetic “concern strips”.