Timothy McLean serves as the Managing Director at TXM Lean Solutions, which he founded in 2004. He has over 20 years of experience in operational and management roles. Timothy, also known as Tim, specializes in Project Management and Process Improvement.
He started his career in 1989 implementing TQM techniques. Later, he moved to lean manufacturing consulting.
Recently, Timothy focuses on implementing Value Stream Maps. He helps clients to eliminate waste and improve flow. He also implements pull systems. His strategies succeed in both greenfield and brownfield sites.
Throughout his career, Timothy has managed major operational changes. These include multi-site amalgamations, ERP system implementations, and plant relocations. He has also integrated mergers and acquisitions. Timothy is adept at establishing and refining complex international supply chains.
Timothy has a reputation for high-quality project management. He is also known for his lean supply chain expertise. Besides his managerial role, Timothy is an author. He has written two books on Lean Thinking. He contributes to various podcasts, including AIGroup podcast and Lean Leadership podcast.
Timothy is the author of two books:
On Time, In Full: Achieving Perfect Delivery with Lean Thinking in Purchasing, Supply Chain, and Production Planning
Grow Your Factory, Grow Your Profits
Timothy McLean Profiles
Latest Articles by Timothy McLean
- A Dream Come True – Luciano’s Japanese Kaizen Study Tour
- How to Manufacture “Manufactured Buildings” Like a Real Manufacturer!
- The Blueprint for Success at eKitchens: U-Cell Layout Design and Production Flow
- What is Industry 5.0?
- Guide To Visual Management for a Lean System
- TXM Attending Australasian Processing & Packaging Expo 2024
- ISO 18404 Lean Practitioner Online Course 2024
- Queensland Manufacturing Hub’s Regional Lean Manufacturing Workshops
- Lean vs Six Sigma – Which Should You Choose?
- What is Lean Manufacturing?
- What is Lean Supply Chain Management?
- TXM Lean Solutions Exhibiting at PPMA 2023
- Modern Manufacturing Expo 2023: Join TXM Lean Solutions at Stand L12
- Easy Access: Reaching New Heights
- Lean Visual Management Tools: 5 Types of Visual Controls
- How Do You Reduce Lead Time in Your Supply Chain?
- Tasting the Success of Operational Excellence: Poppy’s Chocolate
- Optimising Lead Times and Demand Forecasting with a Redesigned Layout
- TXM Exhibiting at FoodPro 2023
- New Facility Layout Improves Operational Efficiency at Edison & Day
- Driving Cultural Change Through the Optimal Transfer of Information & Materials
- TXM Western Australia Welcomes Experienced Practitioner Jeremy Wylie
- Australia’s 50 Most Innovative Manufacturers 2023
- Leveraging Digital Solutions in a Lean Management System
- TXM Lean Solutions Expands into the Caribbean with Workshop Series
- TXM Lean Solutions UK Welcomes Gary Duncan as Senior Consultant
- TXM Participating Australian Manufacturing Week 2023
- When Investment in Technology Makes Sense – And When it Doesn’t
- David Allen Joins TXM New Zealand as Senior Consultant
- Visual Workshop Process – Colour the Work Centres When Selecting the Best Layout