TXM Lean Solutions has adapted proven Lean value stream mapping techniques to work for complex, customised and low volume production processes.The Manufacturing Agility Process enables companies to streamline these complex processes in order to reduce lead time, increase agility and grow their. business. Watch this TXM Lean Methodology Video to learn more about the Manufacturing Agility Process.
Read the Transcript of this Video
Hi, I’m Tim McLean.
Do you manage a complex make to order business or a jobbing shop where every day you face the challenge of making a huge range of products or making customized products – or both?
The MAP approach is a simple practical and proven approach to improving your manufacturing process. Talk to TXM now about how the manufacturing agility process can deliver results for you and your customers.
Today I am going to tell you about how the TXM Manufacturing Agility Process or “MAP” can transform your manufacturing process.
MAP is TXM’s unique approach to Value Stream Mapping. Value Stream Mapping is a great tool to help you understand your business, find the waste in your processes and develop a future state that will improve your performance.
The problem with traditional approaches to value stream mapping is that they are designed for mass production in the automotive industry. Translating this approach to low volume, high mix, make to order and customized products is not always easy. At TXM we have worked with over 100 businesses who face this challenge and we developed MAP based on this experience.
MAP recognizes that not ever product you make is the same. We have also learned the key to complex and customized manufacturing is the ability to be flexible and agile to respond to customer. Therefore the focus is on reducing lead time and increasing responsiveness, rather than just reducing cost.
To improve your complex or customized manufacturing process you need to address some common problems:
- How do you manage product customization and product change over in order to reduce downtime and cost.
- How do you release work to production in a way that minimizes backlogs and maximizes productivity.
- How to manage the flow between processes in order to slash lead time and inventory.
- How to integrate engineering, programing and procurement in to the flow to reduce lead times.
- How to manage the supply of components so that there are always the right parts on hand to make the right products at the right time.
- How to manage a wide variation in materials and labour from one product or job to the next.
The MAP approach provides simple practical solutions to these problems.
MAP has enabled us to deliver dramatic improvement at our customers including:
- Lead time reductions of up to 90%,
- Inventory reductions of over 50% and
- Productivity improvement of over 30%
Thank you for watching this TXM Lean Video.