The key to growing a business is often the ability to empower people at every level to make decisions and take accountability. The Lean Daily Leadership Process (LDLP) is a proven methodology that brings together visual management and leader standard work to achieve this empowerment. This Lean Methodology video explains how LDLP can be customized to suit your business needs and drive continuous improvement at every level of your business.
Read the Transcript for this Video
I have heard lean defined as The right people, having the right conversations, achieving the right outcomes.
Hi, I’m Anthony Clyne. Welcome to this TXM Lean Methodology
The TXM Lean Daily Leadership Process combines Visual Management & Lean Daily Leadership (or as some people like to call it, Leader Standard Work)
Together, Visual Management and Daily Leadership build the foundations of your work place lean system.
The challenge for front line leaders, and work teams in your business is to take accountability for their every day performance, and focus on pro-active initiatives.
The TXM Lean Daily Leadership Process helps transform leaders from reactive “fire-fighters” to a proactive, calm, predictive, focus.
At TXM we help leaders define specific tasks that make their day easier.
TXM have picked the essence of lean leadership thinking from Toyota, and developed a simple practical system that can be applied across any industry and in any culture.
The basis of Lean leadership are conversations that show respect, and highlight the problems, frustrations, and solutions facing your team.
TXM provides a structured framework for front line leaders to follow, called the Lean Daily Leadership Process.
The elements are:
- Daily (and sometime hourly) metrics measured by the team in their workplace, and recorded by the front line leader.
- Short daily “stand up meetings” where team leaders lead discussion on recent performance, the plans for the day, and problem solving.
- Other activities might include:
- Routine shop floor walks to support the team.
- A daily production meeting with the section manager,
- Routine checks to ensure that machines and tools are in top condition.
- Work observations to check the standard work is being used.
- Check for waste and safety hazards.
- Check the material replenishment is working to ensure the consumables and parts are available.
TXM achieve this with an innovative approach to customising lean to suit your workplace situation. The conversations, emphasis, and tools need to reflect the culture and need of your workplace.
The results see
- New leaders developed using this structured process.
- Pro-activity improves, and
- Employees problems are communicated and solved giving each person a sense of value in the workplace.
- Issues are raised more in structured conversations, meaning less ad hoc discussions and more responsive environment for urgent needs.
Contact TXM to provide the structure and support.
I’m Anthony Clyne
Thank you for watching this TXM Lean Methodology